Garry() @garrytan Managing Partner, @Initialized. Earliest investor in @coinbase @instacart @flexport & 100+ more—$36B in startup market cap so far. Forbes Midas List 2019 #21 🚀 May. 27, 2019 1 min read

Agree with this: my Stanford degree turned out to be valuable in very unexpected way

The most valuable were: working for friends, cofounding with friends, and hiring friends

Human relationships and trust are necessary for building strong orgs, and are a limiting reagent.

At the same time my parents made it clear to me: Never make going to Stanford the headline of your life. That would be a waste. They were right.

Weird observation: most of my friends were actually fellow middle class public school kids. My parents had never even heard of the special summer camps where all the wealthy kids had hung out for a decade.

It was strange but didn’t affect how much Stanford helped me.

You can follow @garrytan.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.