David Roberts @drvox Seattleite transplanted from Tennessee; now blogging for vox.com/ about energy politics. Climate hawk, deficit dove. Not a doctor. May. 29, 2019 1 min read

The most enraging part is that I can't help but want to *argue* with this. And I see dozens of people online arguing with it. But it's NOT AN ARGUMENT. This isn't meant to convince anyone. It's the kind of open gaslighting that attends a brute assertion of power. Period.

Getting libs all worked up into a frenzy, writing their outraged think pieces, is part of the fun for these guys. Libs think all their documentation & citations & precedents & arguments matter. McConnell knows it's all shadow-boxing, a waste of time & energy, & it amuses him.

I keep saying it: McConnell & the GOP are like a shark, always moving forward. They will pursue partisan victory at the expense of any norm, any principle, any consequence. Arguments - principles & persuasion - are *utterly beside the point*. Only power will stop it.

You can follow @drvox.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.