Sloth Mom @CaseyExplosion Internet sloth, and gigantic nerd. Profile pic by @Skutchdraws and banner by @LiquidAzalea. She/her. Streaming Wednesdays at: twitch.tv/caseyexplosion May. 31, 2019 1 min read

I've barely scratched Yakuza Kiwami, and I still have Kiwami 2 bought and waiting for me when I do finish it, but I'll instantly buy any and all Yakuza titles the moment they hit Steam. That's how much I fell in love with these games.

And it's interesting, because with an industry obsessed with "recurrent user spending" and aggressive monetisation, Sega has come along and pretty much guaranteed my purchase of all of these titles, purely by virtue of the fact they are excellent and wonderfully engaging games.

I fell in love with the world, the characters, the gameplay, everything. It's amazing how something as straightforward as "good game, no strings attached" can feel, especially in an established franchise.

You can follow @CaseyExplosion.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.