[email protected]+ Your Authors @Jason angel: @uber @thumbtack @wealthfront @datastax @robinhoodapp @desktopmetal @calm @launch thisweekinstartups.com/ angelthebook.com/ Jun. 02, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

This is all fine logic, but when I invest in a company I consider myself a partner to the founder.

If they want to keep going for a decade it is my giri to continue by their side.

If they want to continue for a second decade it is my giri to stay by their side.

Some of my best investments come from our 2nd collective swing of the sword

We put $500k behind @rahulvohra for @Superhuman when there was nothing but an idea.... that will be one of our best returns in history

We put $25k into his 1st company @Rapportive (for a 3-5x return)

If you’re not loyal to the people you go into battle with—and startups are just that—then what’s the point of even being an investor?

What we do as angels and investors is somewhat challenging, but what founders do is brutally hard.

Never forget that.

You can follow @Jason.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.