Jennifer Cohn @jennycohn1 Election security advocate & writer; attorney; Contributor @WhoWhatWhy, @NYRDaily #HandMarkedPaperBallots #ProtectOurVotes Jun. 02, 2019 1 min read

Dear @JessicaHuseman: YOU are violating the Twitter rules by attacking me from behind a block. That u refer to “paper ballots”—rather than #HandMarkedPaperBallots—shows u have not kept on top of the debate about new equipment purchases & have no idea what u are talking about. 1/

And yes, multiple people have blocked me rather than publicly defend their failure to address concerns about the vendors & new equipment purchases. 2/

There’s a reason I do everything publicly. It establishes credibility. I am willing to publicly vet my thinking on election security and even make adjustments if someone shows I’m mistaken. 3/

Jessica Huseman is not. She ignores questions & concerns about her reporting and then blocks. The 21 conveniently ANONYMOUS people she mentioned have likely been among those who responded similarly to my concerns (block vs discuss), undermining their own credibility. 4/

And there are probably many others upset with me. Because the REASON I have almost 90K followers is because I have shown with relentless sourcing and identification of undisputed facts that many (really most) in the media & EI community weren’t doing a reasonably adequate job. 5/

Sourced thread on this last point. 6/

Another example. Thread. 7/

And for the record, I did not WANT to have to publicly undress so many election integrity “experts,” officials, and members of the media. But SOMEONE had to do it and no one else was stepping up. 8/

And we are running out of time. Discussing these concerns offline does not let the public decide for itself who is being straightforward and who is gaslighting them. 9/

One last thing. The integrity of our elections will affect my children’s future, so I take this very seriously. I am not interested in making “friends” with anyone who cares more about their own ego or about not offending vendors than about protecting our elections. 10/

Oops. One more. Please don’t let Jessica’s attempted assault on my credibility detract from what started this: my concern about HER failure to report on ES&S’s donations to @RSLC & her apparent failure to vet Jared Dearing. Thread. 11/

You can follow @jennycohn1.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.