Will Oremus @WillOremus oh-REE-mus. Senior writer for OneZero at @medium: onezero.medium.com/ Previously: @slate. I write about how tech shapes us. DM for Signal. Jun. 03, 2019 1 min read

I love how giddy Tim Cook is over the idea that you can see the lyrics to a song while listening to it.

15 minutes into Apple's keynote and they've announced, um... multi-user support for Apple TV, and some new watch faces?

A calculator on your watch is an innovation that will definitely strike fear into Casio circa 1983.

The best part of Apple events these days are when they subtweet all the other tech companies' privacy shortcomings.

Craig Federighi is just as stoked as Tim by every tiny incremental announcement, watching this WWDC is reminding me of

Apple just invented this amazing new Maps feature, I'm trying to think how to describe it.... It's like a VIEW, but from the STREET

broke: putting airpods in your ears
woke: putting airpods in your memoji's ears

Just imagine how useful all these new Siri controls would be if Siri actually worked properly

Crowd roars for Ipados, an exciting new addition to the Marvel universe

Calling it right now, "three finger spread to plop" is the most iconic gesture since pinch to zoom

new Mac Pro is literally nothing but ports

shake some salt, grate some parm, throw out the trash, pop a tictac

Won't Someone Take iTunes Out Back and Shoot It?
@fmanjoo in 2012
 https://slate.com/technology/2012/11/itunes-11-its-time-for-apples-horrible-bloated-program-to-die.html 

You can follow @WillOremus.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.