Asha Rangappa @AshaRangappa_ Fmr FBI Special Agent, lawyer, faculty @JacksonYale. Tiger(ish) mom. @CNN analyst. Editor @just_security. Karaoke, golf, and Shakespeare aficionado. Views mine. Jun. 03, 2019 1 min read

So as if HBO's Chernobyl wasn't enough to make me want to fling myself out of a window, I decided to listen to the Dr. Death podcast on a drive this past weekend and 😱😱😱 I highly recommend as a way of understanding our times 1/

It reveals how malignant narcissm (and in this case potential sociopathy), combined with great power and position of trust, combined with a system that disincentivizes accountability, can result in significant harm to the people the system should protect 2/

And for legal nerds, the difficult legal ?s that arise when people we entrust to uphold their oaths -- and to whom we give great latitude to perform their duties w/o undue second-guessing and intrusion -- cross the line of criminality and should be accountable...sound familiar?

P.S. There is also a hopeful and heartening thread about the important role of truth-tellers in today's society, who have a strong moral compass and continue to take action even when there are roadblocks and they are told to stand down

You can follow @AshaRangappa_.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.