Stephen Wolf @PoliticsWolf @DKElections staff writer covering voting rights, gerrymandering, maps, & poli sci. Get the free Voting Rights Roundup weekly newsletter dkel.ec/votingr Jun. 04, 2019 1 min read

Election security is a serious problem, but you should ignore @jennycohn1: For days now, she's harassed & spread conspiracy theories about @JessicaHuseman (see Jessica's timeline). She callously is ok with disenfranchising disabled voters in her pen-&-paper-ballot zealotry

I'm all for trying to secure our election systems from Russian or any hacking, but you lose me the minute you put dogmatism ahead of voting rights, ignore actual election admin expertise, & use your platform on here to harass reporters who don't entertain your conspiracy theories

Pen-&-paper ballots fed into optical scanners aren't bad at all (I love voting by mail!), but they simply don't work for many disabled voters. UF Professor Juan Guilbert developed an open source voting system primarily to aid the disabled years ago  https://www.gainesville.com/news/20181229/uf-professors-invention-makes-voting-more-accessible 

You can follow @PoliticsWolf.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.