Pro Tip: when a vendor claims to handle high cardinality, don't rejoice before you ask:
* what do they mean by "handle"?
* can you break down by a hi-card dimension?
* can you break down by multiple? how many?
* do you have to index that field in advance?
* describe perf hit?
* what data types can be hi-card?
* what are the limits on those fields?
* what operations can you run on them?
* describe implications to your storage footprint,
* and costs
* what is the tested upper limit to cardinality?
* must you define schema up front?
* how wide can it be?
there are so many sneaky ways to lie with data, tests, and cute marketing slogans ("Infinite Cardinality!")
more like infinite marketing budget, lol
You can follow @mipsytipsy.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Since you’re here...
... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.