Carole Cadwalladr @carolecadwalla Late adopter. Late giver-upper. Guardian & Observer writer. Jun. 06, 2019 1 min read

For 2+ years, I've been subjected to a sustained campaign of propaganda & abuse by @guidofawkes. Sexist, relentless, week in, week out. And y'day, I learned Cambridge Analytica's successor is operating from his close friend & lawyer's office. Why is this so toxic? Let me explain

...Guido's obsession with me & @chrisinsilico & @shahmirUK has been out of all proportion. So what, right? It's just a poisonous right-wing blog. Who cares? Except, it's not. It's a cornerstone of the right-wing propaganda machine that dresses up disinformation as "journalism"

Guido's employees are treated as serious news sources on serious news programmes. The mainstream media legitimises & endorses Guido Fawkes. Here's Harwood on @bbcpolitics talking about *checks notes* feminism.

And here's @afneil citing its travesty of an "article" on the ICO report. But this isn't about me. I'm just collateral damage. You bash me to discredit this story. And it works. Guido feeds into the Spectator which feeds into the BBC.

You can follow @carolecadwalla.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.