Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Lawyer. Professor @UofNH. Columnist @Newsweek. NYT bestselling author. Proof of Conspiracy @StMartinsPress: t.co/iK2Sbuee4H. Analyses @BBC. Views mine. Jun. 06, 2019 1 min read

MEDIA: Pelosi saying in private something consistent with an SDNY indictment/conviction—and therefore with DOJ information and belief—is *not* the same as Trump publicly leading "lock her up" chants against a direct political opponent in a case in which DOJ rejects his position.

1/ I think—I know—it's possible to wish Pelosi had not said what she did *without* creating a false equivalency between a faux pas comprising entirely accurate information about an unindicted co-conspirator (and ten times accused obstructor) and Trump's public tinpot lawlessness.

2/ It'd be very strange indeed if Pelosi assumed that members of her own caucus would leak on her to US media. Historically, party leaders have felt they can make statements in private to their members without the media finding out. This applies to both Republicans and Democrats.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.