Charity Majors @mipsytipsy CTO @honeycombio, ex-Parse, Facebook, Linden Lab; cowrote Database Reliability Engineering; loves whiskey, rainbows. I test in production and so do you. 🌈🖤 Jun. 08, 2019 1 min read

hey, all you kittens suffering from vicious FOMO.. i see you. 💔 here's the plan:

1. each discussion topic pod will have a note taker
2. end of night, all pods will present their takeaways to the whole room
3. when event is over, i will post all the topics + takeaways online

problem is, takeaways aren't the point of this event. people aren't showing up to passively receive wisdom from "experts".

we are all coming to actively puzzle through some highly unsolved industry problems with our peers, and share bits of information that are rarely pooled.

after all 💘you💘 need to be in the driver's seat of your own career, not some foggy expert.

so if it turns to be useful we'll look for ways to hold more of these in other cities, ways to help local leaders run successful skill shares. people like you. (ok?)

obligatory reminder: pendulum career event is monday evening 6/10 before velocity, in san jose. you do not need a velocity pass to attend! just a few spots left; if you can't make it after all, please release yours.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/engineermanager-pendulum-skill-share-tickets-61087448202 

Behold our first lightning talk! From the luxurious beard of @milesward:

"Bipolar Imposter Syndrome, and other bedtime stories." An examination of the fears from both roles, and their attendant alternative opportunities, as evinced by my personal terror, failures, etc.

:joy:

You can follow @mipsytipsy.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.