Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. Jun. 09, 2019 1 min read

It is a scientific position. It is supported by @acog and many in medicine. It isn’t a libertarian idea. If you support the science that is great.

OTC OCPS only works if drug companies don’t jack up the price. When MANY pharmaceuticals go OTC the actual cost to patients skyrockets. Just an important point to keep in the discussion cc @AOC

Many places sell generic OCPS for $5 a pack, but I expect that many companies would charge more and start campaigns to suggest (based on zero data) that their more expensive brand name is better. Libertarian OTC OCPs would allow companies to set their price. That won’t work.

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.