Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. Jun. 09, 2019 1 min read

Both pregnancy and birth control pills increase short term breast cancer risk. The absolute risk is small.
Your move.

Pregnancy and estrogen containing pills have estrogen. Exposure increases short term breast cancer risk, the theory is that cancer cells that might normally get killed by immune system essentially get fertilizer. Pregnancy also has rapid development of breast tissue.

Women can die from crossing the street. We don’t say “oooh stay at home women because cars!” We give people facts — not forced birth propaganda — and then they weigh their own risk benefit ratio

Also, the risk of breast cancer from OCPs is very low, about 1 in 8,000. Less than the risk of 3-6 drinks a week!  https://www.health.harvard.edu/womens-health/study-finds-weak-link-between-birth-control-and-breast-cancer 

So get some facts and some fucking perspective

Also @LilaGraceRose OCPS reduce the risk of endometrial cancer and ovarian cancer and so it is believed that the net benefit cancer wise is not an increase in death. Never mind the lives saved by not dying in pregnancy. You do care about ALL lives, don’t you?

And if hormonal contraception polluted the water supply why doesn’t all the hormone in the urine of pregnant women pollute the water supply?

Thank you for coming to my JenTalk

WHAT ABOUT ALL THE POLLUTION FROM DIAPERS????? DO NOT TALK ABOUT POLLUTION FROM OCPS AND NEGLECT THE POLLUTION OF DIAPERS AND WIPES.

And then @LilaGraceRose there are the maternal lives saved by women who can optomaize health while being on OCPs and spacing pregnancies. Fetal life is improved by these things. Do you not care about fetal and maternal life? 🤔

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.