Jennifer Cohn @jennycohn1 Election security advocate & writer; attorney; Contributor @WhoWhatWhy, @NYRDaily #HandMarkedPaperBallots #ProtectOurVotes Jun. 10, 2019 1 min read

That time a respected election-security expert misleadingly stated that “there is very little evidence that” voting machines “are being exploited in real elections,” while omitting to mention that “no one has ever looked for [such] evidence.” How many people has he misled?! 1/

I’m not a mind reader and am not saying he misled people intentionally. But if even I, a non-expert, can grasp this concept, why is he running around making this type of claim?  https://link.medium.com/b9hm1yPCpX  2/

It’s great that a nationally recognized cybersecurity journalist corrected him here on Twitter. But she can’t be everywhere at all times. This is dangerous propaganda that i, too, have tried to correct again and again. 3/

Some listen and change their messaging. Others don’t and choose to either ignore or go on the attack instead. It’s difficult to get to the truth in this type of propaganda-riddled and toxic environment. 4/

You can follow @jennycohn1.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.