Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @AOC Congresswoman for NY-14 (the Bronx & Queens). In a modern, moral, and wealthy society, no American should be too poor to live. 💯% People-Funded, no lobbyist💰. Jun. 13, 2019 1 min read

Yesterday I offered an amendment to allow Fed researchers to study Schedule I Drugs, incl:
- MDMA & PTSD
- Psilocybin & severe depression
- Ibogaine & opioid withdrawal

🚨 House votes TODAY.

If you’re supportive, CALL YOUR REP. Don’t assume they’ll vote for it - let them know.

During debate, the arguments against it didn’t make much sense. Some were outright false:

- legal argument (to take it off Schedule I to study it) doesn’t make sense - we scientific evidence to help do that!
- bunch of claims about marijuana - w/o study, claims are unsupported!

This bill has bipartisan support, but it also has bipartisan opposition.

Many Dem & GOP alike, are uncomfortable w/ letting federal researchers merely *study* the clinical promise of certain drugs - even in veteran PTSD.

Your call can help them see a shift in public sentiment.

You can follow @AOC.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.