Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. Jun. 14, 2019 1 min read

Menstruation is related to GnRH, FSH, LH, estradiol and then ultimately withdrawl of progesterone. Blood comes out the cervix because that is the uterine opening. Yoga does not impact this.

I don’t care if you think Yoga is a religion or a practice or an exercise, it doesn’t affect menstruation.
No religions do.
Menstruation is triggered by the lack of implantation and it is heavy because we have invasive placentas.

Thank you for coming to my JenTalk.

I see how before science used religion or spirituality was used to explain menses, but we have science so now we know!
Personally, I find the idea of imposing mythology as explanation for menses the ultimate in patriarchy. Women do not benefit by knowing less about their bodies.

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.