Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, lawyer (U.C. Berkeley). My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ My author website is here: www.terikanefield.com/ Jun. 16, 2019 1 min read

1/3 There was some confusion about the part of the @ECMcLaughlin thread I questioned.

I questioned one of her legal opinions. Part of the exchange is here👇 but part was in response to others commenting on her thread who offered ways to immediately remove Trump.

@leahmcelrath

2/3
I was genuinely curious how Trump could possibly be removed immediately.

I don't believe arresting a president renders him immediately unfit for office. If it were this easy, any local sheriff or state prosecutor could remove any sitting president.

People asked me. . .

3/3
. . . specifically if I witnessed anything like @ECMcLaughlin described.

I personally didn't hear of anything like that during this stint of volunteering, and the clients I worked with (a very tiny sample) reported nothing out of the ordinary.

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.