Rand Fishkin @randfish Founder @SparkToro, husband to @everywhereist, feminist, he/him, author of Lost & Founder. Formerly @Moz. I tweet ~40X/wk on marketing, tech, & startups. Jun. 18, 2019 1 min read

What percent of Google searches end with:
- zero clicks?
- paid ad clicks?
- clicks to Alphabet-owned properties like YouTube, Google Maps, & Android?
- and how many still go to the rest of the web?
My latest blog post has answers:  https://sparktoro.com/blog/how-much-of-googles-search-traffic-is-left-for-anyone-but-themselves/ 

There's five more charts in the post w/ data like:
- Google's share of clicks to Alphabet properties over time
- Paid, Organic, & Zero-Click on desktop & mobile over time
- Amount of organic clicks every month from 2016-2019
So, y'know, don't assume it's just that pie chart 🤗

Also - note that these numbers are different than what I've shared in the past. That's b/c I messed up, foolishly mixing % of searches w/ % of search clicks. This post fixes those, and the @jumpshotinc crew reviewed to help me get it right. Apologies for my previous inaccuracies.

You can follow @randfish.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.