Shannon Watts @shannonrwatts Founder of @MomsDemand, grassroots army of @Everytown. The @NRA’s worst nightmare. Author of “Fight Like A Mother.” IG: instagram.com/shannonrwatts Jun. 19, 2019 1 min read

.@NRA Board member Ted Nugent, “I'm repulsed at the concept of man-on-man sex. I think it's against nature. I think it's strange as hell, but if that's what you are I love ya.”

.@NRA Board member Ken Blackwell blamed the Isla Vista shooting on gay marriage, “...you see the attack on…natural marriage...and the teaching of sexual roles. When these fundamental institutions are attacked and destroyed and weakened, you get what we‘re now seeing.”

Former @NRA President Oliver North, “I believe in the sanctity of human life, oppose abortion, and want to preserve marriage as the union of a man and a woman.”

.@NRA Board member Wayne Anthony Ross said LGBTQ Americans are “degenerates” and non-discrimination bills give extra rights to a group whose “lifestyle was a crime only a few years ago, and whose beliefs are immoral in the eyes of anyone with intelligence and moral character.”

.@NRA Board member Jeff Cooper, “We are now given to understand by a police firearms instructor of wide background and experience that lesbians make lousy shots. Normal girls, on the other hand, tend to do rather well on the range. Is there a point to be learned here?”

Chief @NRA lobbyist Chris Cox, “Everything we’ve always known to be good, right and true has been twisted, perverted and repackaged to our kids. Who are our kids supposed to respect and admire? The media tells them Bruce Jenner is a national hero for transforming his body.”

You can follow @shannonrwatts.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.