Cradle of Sloth ūü¶• @CaseyExplosion Internet sloth, and gigantic nerd. Avatar by @skutchdraws banner by @LiquidAzalea. She/her. Streaming Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sun at: twitch.tv/caseyexplosion Jun. 21, 2019 1 min read

When I was really small, I remember I tried to put chocolate in the overnight deposit slot at the bank in the shopping center. My reasoning was, the people in the bank would have a nice surprise when they came into work the next day.

That bank branch no longer exists.

Neither do a lot of bank branches I remember. The bank tellers are all gone, those are jobs that don't really exist much any more, as it's all self service, and most of us have moved on to internet banking.

I cannot send chocolate to the workers at the bank with an app.

If there is a moral to this story, it is to be kind to service workers while you can. You never know when those jobs will be phased out. We see it happening in shops, fast food places, gas stations, and more; automated or self-service is eating up people's employment.

Send chocolate when you can.

You can follow @CaseyExplosion.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword ‚Äúcompile‚ÄĚ to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.