Yashar Ali 🐘+ Your Authors @yashar New York Magazine/HuffPost Contributor Email: [email protected] Direct Messages Open Text/Call/Signal/Confide/WhatsApp: 310-795-2497. Agents: UTA Jun. 21, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

Just Posted: E. Jean Carroll says @realDonaldTrump sexually assaulted her in the mid 90s.  http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/president-donald-trump-faces-new-rape-accusation.html 

2. I've gotten a couple DMs asking me why I didn't use the word "rape" in the tweet about this story. I generally have a policy of using the term that the accuser uses (unless there are criminal charges) and in this case she used "assault."

(cont)

3. The FBI's definition of rape: “penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.”

What Carroll describes in her account meets the definition of rape

You can follow @yashar.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader