Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. Jun. 21, 2019 1 min read

This writing is both devastating and beautiful. The stories, devastating. And known to many women. How do these men learn octopus hands?  https://www.thecut.com/amp/2019/06/donald-trump-assault-e-jean-carroll-other-hideous-men.html?__twitter_impression=true 

I suspect many of these men deny these crimes (I believe her, these are not allegations this is the truth) because power (due to wealth, age, experience etc) makes some men think they are owed our bodies. To grope is a natural as drawing breath.

Men who get away with this over and over are so facile with it and so used to the lack of repercussions that is why it seems “impossible” or “absurd,” but those of us who have been there know.

Naming names then didn’t matter, and sadly then was just a few short years ago. Maybe then is even now? But I am convinced that naming names and forcing both the men and the institutions that protect them into accountability is the only way forward.

E. Jean Carroll was 52 when she was assaulted by Trump. The same age I am now. The whole piece is incredible and harrowing and honest and raw, but damn this last paragraph.

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.