Megan Pratz @meganpratz Making TV for @cheddar & @CheddarNews. Supporting women with @CfWiJ. Passionate about journalism. Barely surviving parenthood. Jun. 22, 2019 2 min read

.@BetoORourke is first up tonight. He starts by thanking Reps. Jim Clyburn and Joe Cunningham for "closing the Charleston loophole."

That's a euphemism for the gap in gun laws that let the shooter in Charleston obtain the weapons he used in that attack.

The speeches tonight are QUICK. In order:

2. Joe Biden
3. Cory Booker
4. Marianne Williamson
5. Eric Swallwell (who gets a big cheer for his "her body, her choice" declaration)

.@Hickenlooper is up next. He highlights his wins as Governor.

Big cheers to "we were the first state to legalize marijuana."

.@JulianCastro talks about his grandmother, an immigrant from Mexico. Says she'd be astounded to see her grandsons in Congress and running for President.

.@BernieSanders has enthusiastic supporters here tonight.

Big cheers for "healthcare is a human right, not a privilege."

.@BilldeBlasio thanks Jim Clyburn for the food.

"That's some damn good fish."

Unrelated note: a woman in line behind me is fed up with the speeches. Says "I want to eat some fish!"

There have been long lines for food and drink.

.@MichaelBennet urges an end to the divisive politics.

Fun fact: he's one of two Coloradans in the race.

.@SenGillibrand touts her record as the Senator who has voted against President Trump more than any other candidate.

Also, "imagine if a woman didn't just have a seat at the table, imagine if a woman is at the head of the table!"

We've now heard from Amy Klobuchar and Tim Ryan but I'm losing track of candidates.

.@sethmoulton is speaking now. He says he doesn't want his 8 month daughter growing up in Donald Trump's America.

.@AndrewYang highlights his plan to give every American $1000 a month.

His supporters chant with him for his closing line "the opposite of Donald Trump is an Asian who likes math."

.@WayneMessam is running for President.

He thanks South Carolina for his one qualifying poll for the debate. Messam has had trouble gaining traction in such a crowded field.

I missed @JayInslee. I do know he talked about climate change. Inslee wants to be the climate change candidate and is succeeding.

.@JohnDelaney was the first candidate to declare his candidacy for President. He's speaking now.

"I don't want to just be your president, I want to do the job."

Even Jim Clyburn is in on it, introducing @ewarren by saying "she has a plan for that."

She starts running through all of those plans. Focuses on her family policy initiatives including free universal Pre-K.

You can follow @meganpratz.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 700,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.