Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, lawyer (U.C. Berkeley). My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ My author website is here: www.terikanefield.com/ Jun. 24, 2019 1 min read

1/3

I have written about the Democratic circular firing squads. The threads are a little dated, now, but I can give you the gist.

NYU psychologist @JonHaidt has a wonderful youtube lecture on the differences between conservatives and liberals.

2/3 The lecture is included in this thread👇 …

Conservatives and authoritarians have a tendency to fall in line. Authoritarians like strong leaders, uniformity, and sameness. Conservatives value loyalty.

On the other hand, liberals and . . .

3/3 . . . non-authoritarians, who value diversity and individuality, naturally tend too splinter.

This is one of many reasons those who Saunders & NGO call right wing authoritarians tend to have so much power beyond their numbers. See👇

Remember. . .

. . . liberals and non-authoritarians have an even bigger advantage: Numbers. There are far more of us. The other advantage now in the U.S. is that liberals and non-authoritarians have the demographics of the future: Democrats are younger. The Trump-Fox-GOP is shrinking.

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.