David Roberts @drvox Seattleite transplanted from Tennessee; now blogging for vox.com/ about energy politics. Climate hawk, deficit dove. Not a doctor. Jun. 26, 2019 1 min read

All right: what are our predictions for how climate change plays in the debate tonight? The only prediction I feel confident about is that I will grind my teeth to nubs in frustration. What do y'all think will happen?

"John Delaney, a presidential candidate competing in Wednesday night’s debate, says he plans to promote a carbon tax to contrast with more liberal plans like Jay Inslee’s that seek to eliminate fossil fuel production." LOL. Inslee's plan has a carbon tax in it you dope!

If I could just pick one climate question to ask during the debate, it would be this: if elected president, will you work with the leader of the Senate to abolish the filibuster?

Well, @umairfan just sent me this and now I'm even more depressed. This was *1988* FFS and this question is almost certainly better than the one we'll hear tonight.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=tVZo5m5uSug 

You can follow @drvox.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.