David Roberts @drvox Seattleite transplanted from Tennessee; now blogging for vox.com/ about energy politics. Climate hawk, deficit dove. Not a doctor. Jun. 26, 2019 1 min read

All right: what are our predictions for how climate change plays in the debate tonight? The only prediction I feel confident about is that I will grind my teeth to nubs in frustration. What do y'all think will happen?

"John Delaney, a presidential candidate competing in Wednesday night’s debate, says he plans to promote a carbon tax to contrast with more liberal plans like Jay Inslee’s that seek to eliminate fossil fuel production." LOL. Inslee's plan has a carbon tax in it you dope!

If I could just pick one climate question to ask during the debate, it would be this: if elected president, will you work with the leader of the Senate to abolish the filibuster?

Well, @umairfan just sent me this and now I'm even more depressed. This was *1988* FFS and this question is almost certainly better than the one we'll hear tonight.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=tVZo5m5uSug 

You can follow @drvox.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.