The lamentable fate of Mike Stuchbery 🎃🍷 @MikeStuchbery_ (Freelance) Journalist, Historian, Teacher & Tour Guide ★ 🇦🇺 in 🇩🇪 ★ Contributing Editor at @BylineTimes ★ History at @TheLocalEurope ★ Resolutely ↙️↙️↙️ Jun. 26, 2019 1 min read

In a few hours I'm getting on a plane to Stuttgart. Over the next week, I'm heading up north to Halle, to interview Prof. Harald Meller about the mysterious Nebra Sky Disk - the earliest depiction discovered of the night sky... /1

I'll be visiting the Museum for Pre-History in Halle, in Saxony, where the Disk is kept, and also the Arche Nebra, close to the site of the discovery of the Disk. /2

I'll also probably be going to the Heuneburg, close to Stuttgart - possibly site of the earliest 'city' north of the Alps. The state government of Baden-Württemburg is spending millions upgrading the site for visitors. /3

While stuff is destined for publication, look out for stuff I'll post over the next week - both here & @Patreon! /FIN

You can follow @MikeStuchbery_.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.