After all the horrifying reporting this past week about what Trump's doing to these children, Mitch McConnell fought and won a battle to prevent Congress from putting even minor limits on these horrors. What I take from this it's going to take MORE PRESSURE to free the children.
1. We tell elected officials to free the children
2. We tell the media that child torment centers are THE MOST IMPORTANT STORY, not the stupid debates
3. Those of us who can afford to give time, talent or treasure—we give it
4. We keep Twitter focused on this! #set_them_free
5. We tell the groups capable of organizing large-scale protests, to get organizing (& we donate whatever $ we can afford to help with costs)
6. We SHOW UP when opportunities to protest arise
7. AGAIN! We keep Twitter focused! #set_them_free and ignore the trolls, bots &naysayers
8. If (God forbid!) 1 more child dies, we ALL GO OUTSIDE immediately and walk peacefully, nonviolently, in compliance with local laws. BE THE RED ALARM! Grab something RED, a towel, a poster, etc. If our leaders fail us, then we won't wait for leaders.
You can follow @waltshaub.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.