Adam Klasfeld @KlasfeldReports Reporter, @CourthouseNews: NYC+Int’l. RTs=What's it to ya? adam[at]adamklasfeld[dot]com PGP Fingerprint: F427 EE3B 6F05 E5D5 785B 775B 2C74 683C 219D 91DC Jul. 01, 2019 1 min read

The FBI believed that Andrew Intrater's entity sent $583,332.98 to Michael Cohen's shell company and that Intrater's entity was controlled by his cousin, Russian oligarch Viktor Vekselberg.

Intrater, denying that, sued to unblock his assets.

via NYT  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/01/business/trump-donor-russia-sanctions.html 

Note: I deleted an earlier tweet to clarify that Intrater himself is not under sanctions but is suing to unblock assets allegedly tied to his sanctioned Russian oligarch cousin, Viktor Vekselberg

As the NYT story notes, neither Intrater nor Vekselberg's names appeared in Mueller's report, and neither was charged. This is a passage from Michael Cohen's unsealed search warrants of FBI tracing cash to Essential Consultants.

Background from March:  https://www.courthousenews.com/avalanche-of-michael-cohen-search-materials-released/ 

I should specify, not mentioned in the *public* part of Mueller's report, and as @emptywheel notes, some tantalizing redactions in the search warrants too.

Now, in "Let's Go Crazy, Let's Get Nuts" territory, Intrater's lawsuit alleges that some of the blocked assets involve loans to the heirs to the fortune of Prince, the late pop icon:

“Upon information and belief, none of the heirs to Prince’s estate is subject to OFAC sanctions"

ICYMI: My coverage of the new lawsuit @CourthouseNews.

You can follow @KlasfeldReports.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.