David Roberts @drvox Seattleite transplanted from Tennessee; now blogging for vox.com/ about energy politics. Climate hawk, deficit dove. Not a doctor. Jul. 06, 2019 1 min read

Y'all, @RottenInDenmark is speaking directly to my heart here. This is an incredibly important social dynamic that is evolving in very bad directions & getting too little attention.  https://www.huffpost.com/entry/as-cities-try-to-fix-housing-boomers-are-radicalizing-to-stop-progress_n_5d1bcf0ee4b07f6ca58598a9?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL2tJdjZwMFRJSTM&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMw3u011oA3TKS0RFUhDD0SRj59M01NUW50uVorlmvqa_Ml0Q5Y4K9jkv9KWZRKJYHuBGqbG7mCGse_mqYIfp8mc4DDWVqRpfTvBQg4qTBVaqpBW7Zcwy7wIubhnrrWqg_FA7_bigQzF-IObBegsnHUDHiAry6QWwN9yPoiEofyD 

"I'm not a NIMBY but ..." is the new "I'm not a racist but ..."

One thing to add to this: along with the turn to NIMBYism will come an adamantine sense of victimization. It's true of all reactionary movements. When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

You can follow @drvox.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Become member.