Breaking: Jeffrey Epstein has been arrested for allegedly sex trafficking dozens of minors in New York and Florida between 2002 and 2005, and will appear in court in New York on Monday.
A big score for SDNY.
2. A former federal prosecutor texts how unusual it was that Epstein was arrested on a Saturday. But noted that the feds like to take advantage of airport departures and arrivals for arrests. Epstein landed in NYC on an international flight today and was taken into custody
3. The same former federal prosecutor made note of this detail in the @thedailybeast scoop: that this case has been overseen by the public corruption unit in the SDNY office. Highly unusual for a sex trafficking case to be handled by PCU. 🤔
4. Also they note that the fact that the indictment won’t be unsealed until Monday is also unusual and COULD indicate that there’s a second defendant in this case.
5. Also remember that last week a federal appeals court in NY ordered the unsealing of up to 2,000 documents related to Epstein.
cc: @KlasfeldReports https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article232251212.html …
6. I think it’s safe to assume that Epstein wishes he would have stayed out of the country.
7. I suspect a lot of powerful men, from all over the world and from both sides of the aisle, are very anxious this morning.
You can follow @yashar.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.