Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Lawyer. Professor @UofNH. Columnist @Newsweek. NYT bestselling author. Proof of Conspiracy @StMartinsPress: tinyurl.com/y484j4ku. Analyses @BBC. Views mine. Jul. 07, 2019 1 min read

SUNDAY QUESTION: Piggy-backing off @jaketapper, "Which graphic novel would you most like to see made into a film?"

Contenders for me: PAPER GIRLS, CASANOVA, SAGA, SHERIFF OF BABLYON, SECRET SIX (Simone), HAWKEYE (Fraction), LOW, DESCENDER, ANIMOSITY, Y: THE LAST MAN, SPILL ZONE.

(And yes, I'd argue, and do present the theory when I teach graphic novels at UNH, that a limited, single-author run of a superhero comic by an idiosyncratic, poetics-oriented creator can be discussed as a graphic novel, thus Matt Fraction's HAWKEYE and Gail Simone's SECRET SIX.)

Others I'd float (some mentioned by others in this thread, too): FUN HOME, MONSTRESS, THE WICKED + THE DIVINE, BLACK CLOUD, MARCH, THE VISION (King), LAZARUS, DEADLY CLASS.

(And as a commentator noted, a few of these—I'd use LAZARUS as an example—would be best as a TV series.)

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.