Face reality, take action.🕊️ @ClimateBen Literature Teacher informing pupils of the scientific reality of the Ecological Catastrophe & urging them to act. See also @urgenceclimatiq & @ClimateHound Jul. 09, 2019 1 min read

I think differences between scientists on feedbacks & irreversible/runaway climate scenarios is one of the trickiest areas.

Are feedbacks factored into the IPCC models adequately?

Would 2.5°C likely trigger 3°C and so on, or is there 0 evidence for this? Tricky, tricky, tricky.

Also, how much warming is locked in and why?

Would 3°C cause total collapse or is it 4°C for end of civilisation?

It seems obvious that the more warming there is the more dangerous the world becomes politically, though not everyone agrees on that either. 'Thriving' at 2.5°C?!?

I was mulling over this from @MichaelEMann.👇

I think (or, I think I think) that it must be accepted as unknown territory despite all the scientific understanding, and that therefore 'risk' becomes the key word.

But the uncertainty & debate is unsettling.

Thoughts @JKSteinberger @DavidLWindt @fragmansixty9?

You can follow @ClimateBen.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.