Asha Rangappa @AshaRangappa_ Fmr FBI Special Agent, lawyer, faculty @JacksonYale. Tiger(ish) mom. @CNN analyst. Editor @just_security. Karaoke, golf, and Shakespeare aficionado. Views mine. Jul. 10, 2019 1 min read

I’m not really understanding the Palm Beach County State Attorney Barry Krischer’s assertion that “the State Attorney’s Office had no part in the federal Non-Prosecution Agreement” in light of Judge Marra noting the below in his Feb. 2019 order 👇🏽

His point that the FL U.S. Attorney’s office could have continued to pursue charges irrespective of the state is true, but it suggests a distance that is not quite true — here is his statement today

Thoughts, prosecutor peeps? I’m confused

Also, Acosta suggested today that the feds May have had insufficient evidence to secure a conviction. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, in Dec. 2007, this is what that office told Epstein’s attorneys

I am drawing from Judge Marra’s order in Feb. 2019 finding that Acosta’s office violated the CVPA  https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5746048/Epstein.pdf 

*CVRA

You can follow @AshaRangappa_.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.