Joe Biden @JoeBiden Senator, Vice President, 2020 candidate for President of the United States, husband to @DrBiden, proud father & grandfather. Loves ice cream, aviators & @Amtrak Jul. 11, 2019 2 min read

Today in New York City, I laid out my foreign policy vision for America. A vision built on restoring dignified leadership at home and respected leadership on the world stage.

In 2019, foreign policy is domestic policy, and domestic policy is foreign policy. They are a deeply connected set of choices we make about how to advance the American way of life and our vision for the future.

The threat Donald Trump poses to our national security, and to who we are as a country, is so extreme we cannot afford to ignore it.

His erratic policies and failures to uphold basic democratic principles have muddied our reputation and our place in the world.

We only have one opportunity to reset our democracy after Trump—we have to be prepared to make the most of it.

First, we must repair and reinvigorate our own democracy.

We have to prove to the world that the United States is prepared to lead—not just with the example of our power, but the power of our example.

To that end, as president, I will take decisive steps to renew our core American values and return transparency to our government.

I will invite my fellow democratic leaders to put strengthening democracy back on the global agenda.

We will organize and host, during the first year of my administration, a global Summit for Democracy to renew the spirit and shared purpose of the nations of the Free World.

We know that economic security is national security. But there are a lot of communities across this country that are hurting—because we’ve neglected the basics.

We will equip our people to succeed in the global economy with a foreign policy for the middle class.

A Biden administration will place the United States back at the head of the table to mobilize global action on global threats—especially those unique to our century.

No army on earth can match how the electric idea of liberty passes freely from person to person, jumps borders, transcends languages and cultures—how it can supercharge communities of ordinary citizens into activists and organizers and change agents.

We must once more harness that power and rally the Free World to meet the challenges facing our world today—and it falls to the United States of America to do it.

No other nation has the capacity. No other nation is built on that idea—that promise. And it’s in our self-interest.

We have to champion liberty and democracy. We have to reclaim our credibility. We have to look with unrelenting optimism and determination toward the future.

Head to  https://joe.link/AmericanLeadership  to read our full plan.

You can follow @JoeBiden.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.