Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. Jul. 13, 2019 1 min read

Abortion care should be mandatory — especially in OB/GYN residency. There are other professions to choose. No one is entitled to be an OB/GYN. Patients, however, are entitled to care.

Medical schools that don’t teach abortion as part of reproductive health care should lose accreditation #lcme

If you don’t “like” abortion, don’t go to medical school.

Most residents in my program chose not to do abortions. They were all pro choice and would refer, but maybe 2-3 out of 20 at any given time were learning abortion care.

Learning something doesn’t mean you practice it, I did radical hysterectomies in residency, don’t do them now. But as I’ve scrubbed on many I can understand many issues when those patients see me for other reasons. And of course being exposed might have made me want to do them.

I think abortion is the only aspect of health care, besides contraception (😡) that we allow programs not to teach and trainees to opt out. That must stop.

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.