The lamentable fate of Mike Stuchbery 🎃🍷 @MikeStuchbery_ (Freelance) Journalist, Historian, Teacher & Tour Guide ★ 🇦🇺 in 🇩🇪 ★ Contributing Editor at @BylineTimes ★ History at @TheLocalEurope ★ Resolutely ↙️↙️↙️ Jul. 16, 2019 1 min read

One thing that they don't really tell you when you get a diagnosis for something that's had a long-term impact on your life, is how incandescently pissed off you get when you're forced to recall that impact.

If it wasn't for my ADD, I'd still be here in Stuttgart, making a very decent wage, working towards a masters in medieval history, travelling regularly.

Instead, I'm perpetually playing catch-up, broke, huge holes in my work history, dealing with associated health issues.

Then there's recalling all the ways you've been talked to over the years, dismissed or made fun of. There's all the stuff that you've come to believe because you keep hearing it from people you trust.

There's precious little to be gained by forensically examining the last twenty years and identifying those 'injustices' that you had *no* control over, but damn if it isn't something that elbows its way in the forefront of your mind.

You can follow @MikeStuchbery_.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.