Stephen Wolf+ Your Authors @PoliticsWolf @DKElections staff writer covering voting rights, gerrymandering, maps, & poli sci. Get the free Voting Rights Roundup weekly newsletter dkel.ec/votingr Jul. 18, 2019 1 min read + Your Authors

Good overview from @kkondik on the current partisan control over 2020s congressional redistricting, citing my assessment mapped here. Some states could change depending on 2019-2020 elections, but the GOP has a sizable advantage nearly as big as after 2010  http://crystalball.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/2020-redistricting-an-early-look/ 

I'm currently working on a story explaining every single state & how to best fight for #FairMaps in each state as we approach the 2020 census

While there's a lot of red on this map, partisan control could become much more balanced after the 2020 elections, with NC & possibly even TX having divided government instead of the current GOP control. Supreme Court races are key in OH, as is a possible ballot initiative in FL

Montana could (& I'm guessing will) regain a second congressional district after the 2020 census. Here's what it would probably look like, & it would still favor the GOP. Rhode Island could also (& I'm also guessing will) lose its second district, eliminating a Democratic seat

You can follow @PoliticsWolf.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader