The lamentable fate of Mike Stuchbery 🎃🍷 @MikeStuchbery_ (Freelance) Journalist, Historian, Teacher & Tour Guide ★ 🇦🇺 in 🇩🇪 ★ Contributing Editor at @BylineTimes ★ History at @TheLocalEurope ★ Resolutely ↙️↙️↙️ Jul. 20, 2019 1 min read

So I don't repeat myself - I'm bloody tired - here's the situation. Not sure when I get out of here, but my blood pressure needs to be stable. Hopefully Monday, maybe Tuesday. /1

Essentially, I was walking around with blood pressure in 'crisis', to use the doc's words, and was liable to blow a blood vessel upstairs if I didn't do something quickly. /2

So they're trying different drugs with me, seeing what works. The odd injection too. They're good doctors and nurses though, they've been exceptionally kind. /3

When I'm out, my dad will be here. We might take a day or two, then he's going to go back to Luton with me.

Not gonna lie, there's a lot of work to be done following that. Big changes ahead. /4

If I'm not talkative, or seem to be ignoring you, I'm not being an arsehole, I'm just either extremely tired, or trying to untangle a bunch of things that are going on, health-wise and otherwise. /5

I'll be back to my normal self - maybe even better - soon, I've just had a bit of a scare and I'm healing up under excellent supervision.

Thanks for all the well wishes, I'm genuinely touched. /FIN

PS. If any trolls turn up, I'll leave to you folks to tell them where to go. ;)

You can follow @MikeStuchbery_.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.