Rand Fishkin @randfish Founder @SparkToro, husband to @everywhereist, feminist, he/him, author of Lost & Founder. Formerly @Moz. I tweet ~40X/wk on marketing, tech, & startups. Jul. 23, 2019 1 min read

If you saw last week's congressional questions to Google (and FB+Amzn), you know how disappointing their representative, Adam Cohen's, responses were.

That's why its so great to see @davidcicilline holding Google's feet to the fire 🔥🔥🔥

(PDF source:  https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/cicilline.house.gov/files/7.23.2019_ACAL%20Company%20Clarification%20Requests.pdf )

Ooooo... And check out these "YES / NO" questions also included in the letter:

It would appear the Justice Dept. is following suit, with another investigation into how the big online players are stifling competition:

I get that most marketers who follow my Twitter account are interested in tactics that'll make their job easier, produce results for their client/company, etc.

But I think my responsibility, as someone who's been blessed w/ influence, data, & access is to work on systemic issues

There are many great folks who can highlight a new link building tactic or a better way to analyze log files in Excel.

I think my responsibility's to help stop Google, et al from pulling up the ladder on web creators not lucky enough to be around for the 1999-2014 golden age.

You can follow @randfish.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.