Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter The Gray Lady’s gynecologist (@NYTStyles), sexpert, appropriately confident, lasso of truth, I speak for no one but me. The Vagina Bible (8/27), Jensplaining. Jul. 24, 2019 1 min read

This woman who carries heavy objects with her vagina has challenged me to a vagina-off and all I can say is that’s not how it works. That’s not how any of it works.

I mean there is a serious inability to understand how doctors see patients, the anatomy and physiology of the pelvic floor, and I guess a belief in Orientalism. So yeah.

I think the “her vaginas” means her clients. That she wants me to round up my patients (obviously she doesn’t know much about medicine) and have them enter some kind of vagina ring and compete against her patients? Oh my head hurts.

Also, the two world experts on jade eggs are me and @indyfromspace and the claims they are a thing have been disproven in a peer reviewed journal so...

The idea of women entering the Colosseum for a vagina weight competition and calling it vaginal King-Fu in an attempt to prove vaginal superiority, complete with Weatern exoticism and short on facts, sounds like a bad movie from the 1960s.

I wake up to the weirdest shit.
The weirdest.

Also, the pelvic floor has no role in PMS or the symptoms of menopause. But what are facts anyway? Silly things really.

I wonder if kimanami thinks that is how science works. Someone with no expertise suggests a battle and...sigh. Maybe we can design airplanes this way, and bridges, and medication.
I am convinced so many people A) have very low levels of scientific literacy and B) read nothing

You can follow @DrJenGunter.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.