Jennifer Siebel Newsom @JenSiebelNewsom First Partner of California. Filmmaker behind @representpledge and the @maskyoulivein, founder of @therepproject. Married to @GavinNewsom and mom of 4! Jul. 24, 2019 1 min read

"Sports are an incredible vehicle for young women to gain confidence."

Watch the sports equity roundtable w/ @LA84Foundation @vanDijk @schaus729 @mbmessing @DanitaJohnson @HeatherBKaratz @RachelGrushkin @Nnemkadi30 @JessMileyDyer & more, live now on IG!

https://www.instagram.com/jennifersiebelnewsom/ 

"I can make an impact not just as a player, but as a leader in my community. I found a passion in representing strong women in sports on and off the court." @Nnemkadi30, President of @TheWNBPA

#EqualPayCA

"One of the biggest challenges we face in achieving equity is that there aren’t many women in senior executive leadership. Our voices are often lacking in important conversations that influence things like family leave policies." Martha Saucedo @AEGworldwide

"We all had exposure to women in sports, but there’s a lot of boys, girls and families out there that don’t see the possibilities." @HeatherBKaratz @XFLLosAngeles

"At the end of the day we have to get more money into women’s sports." @vanDijk

@Wasserman created the Collective to raise the visibility of women in sports!

Thank you to these amazing women for an important discussion on sports equity with @LA84Foundation today.

We are lucky to have them as role models and champions from the court to the boardroom. Excited for future partnerships in our work to build an #EqualPayCA.

You can follow @JenSiebelNewsom.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.