Steve Bullock @GuitarMoog Immigrant, Musician, Sound Engineer, SNP, ex-negotiator for UK in EU. Brother of @JuliaKayPotts. Supporter of @FinalSayForAll. On Holiday. Back soon. Jul. 25, 2019 1 min read

The hot take du jour from admittedly very smart and good commentators seems to be that Johnson does not really want No Deal and is bluffing.

I’m afraid I can’t see the slightest bit of evidence for this, or for the idea he wouldn’t actually do it unless stopped by Parliament.1/

This reminds me of when UKGov refused to believe that EU27 were serious about not moving to phase II of negotiations without agreement to money, citz rights and the border.
2/

Or when they refused to believe EU27 was serious about no cherry picking, that frictionless trade was impossible outside of the SM and CU, or that the Withdrawal Agreement would not be reopened.
3/

I fear the same mistake is being made by different people.

Failure to face reality didn’t help then, and won’t now.
4/4

You can follow @GuitarMoog.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.