Steve Bullock @GuitarMoog New Album, One Thousand Days, out now exclusively through @EUCitizensChamp (link below). 100% of proceeds fo to @the3million. Jul. 25, 2019 1 min read

The hot take du jour from admittedly very smart and good commentators seems to be that Johnson does not really want No Deal and is bluffing.

I’m afraid I can’t see the slightest bit of evidence for this, or for the idea he wouldn’t actually do it unless stopped by Parliament.1/

This reminds me of when UKGov refused to believe that EU27 were serious about not moving to phase II of negotiations without agreement to money, citz rights and the border.
2/

Or when they refused to believe EU27 was serious about no cherry picking, that frictionless trade was impossible outside of the SM and CU, or that the Withdrawal Agreement would not be reopened.
3/

I fear the same mistake is being made by different people.

Failure to face reality didn’t help then, and won’t now.
4/4

You can follow @GuitarMoog.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.