My rules for reading:
- Avoid most of the news
- More books, fewer articles
- Read books with friends so you can discuss them
- If 3 friends recommend a book, read it
Find trusted sources for recommendations.
My favorites: @tylercowen and @TheBrowser
Three more rules:
- Good writing starts off good. If the beginning of piece stinks, stop reading it.
- Old blog posts that people still share are usually excellent.
- You’ll have more interesting ideas if you read things that other people aren’t reading.
You can follow @david_perell.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Since you’re here...
... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.