I can't get over this. It's horrible on so many levels.
What was @jonathanweisman, a Deputy Editor at the New York Times, doing when John Lewis was being beaten, imprisoned, and threatened in the Deep South?
2. @jonathanweisman is a major problem for the New York Times. He has a history of tweeting stunningly inappropriate things.
It continues today.
Please look at all four images and please look at the tweet above
3. In response to a request for comment, an NYT spokesperson sent me this statement re @jonathanweisman’s tweets & emails to Roxane Gay:
“Jonathan has repeatedly displayed poor judgment on social media and in responding to criticism. We’re closely examining what to do about it”
4. Per Roxane Gay, in addition to emailing her and her assistant demanding an apology, Jonathan Weisman also emailed her publisher.
5. From 2016: Why I Quit Twitter — and Left Behind 35,000 Followers
By Jonathan Weisman https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/10/insider/why-i-quit-twitter-and-left-behind-35000-followers.html …
6. I'm told that Dean Baquet, the executive editor of the New York Times, will be holding a town hall with NYT employees on Monday.
You can follow @yashar.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.