Joe Biden @JoeBiden Senator, Vice President, 2020 candidate for President of the United States, husband to @DrBiden, proud father & grandfather. Loves ice cream, aviators & @Amtrak Jul. 31, 2019 1 min read

Tonight, I’ll take the stage in Detroit for the second #DemDebate. I’m excited to have the opportunity to discuss the issues on voters’ minds, why I’m running for president, and my bold vision for the future of our country.

As we gather in Detroit, it’s important that we recognize the significance of the Motor City. Because few cities embody the American spirit better than Detroit.

When it was knocked down flat on its back, it didn’t give up. It came roaring back.

Detroit — and our country as a whole — is like its people: resilient and tough. Defined by a work ethic that is unmatched by any place in the world. And when given half a fighting chance, there’s nothing the American people can’t do.

We deserve leaders that unite us around our shared goals, rather than prey on our divisions. That’s why I’m running for president. To unite our country and put us on a different path — not back to a past that never was — but to a future that fulfills our true potential.

Now I’m handing the account over to my team before I take the stage. They’ll keep you up-to-date on what’s happening at tonight’s #DemDebate. Make sure to follow along!

You can follow @JoeBiden.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.