Sloth Mom @CaseyExplosion Internet sloth, and gigantic nerd. Profile pic by @Skutchdraws and banner by @LiquidAzalea. She/her. Streaming Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sun at: twitch.tv/caseyexplosion Aug. 01, 2019 1 min read

Hey folks, so as you might have gathered, I'm not a fan of Epic Games.

That said, I absolutely do not like to see folks venting their ire at smaller developers who do take Epic's exclusivity deal. I've said before, I absolutely cannot blame any indie dev taking the deal.

So yes, I understand that it's disappointing when a game you were interested in goes exclusive, but there's really no benefit for being angry at the devs. It's probably better to wish them well and assure them you'll buy the game when it's available on your preferred platform.

I think this approach is probably the most productive. There's a number of currently Epic exclusive titles that are on my Steam wishlist that I'm looking to get when they get a release, such as Ashen. And I'm happy enough to wait out the exclusivity period.

And yes, things are a bit different if you've backed a game on Kickstarter that promised Steam/DRM free, and I can certainly see developers jeopardizing faith in crowdfunding by reneging on those commitments, but generally? Please be nice to the devs. Agression benefits nobody.

You can follow @CaseyExplosion.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.