Teri Kanefield @Teri_Kanefield Author, lawyer (U.C. Berkeley). Books and articles, most recently cnn.com/. George Papadopoulos called me deluded. My threads are here: terikanefield-blog.com/ Aug. 05, 2019 2 min read

Lisa, for the past few decades, I've mostly written for two audiences: Appellate justices and young readers (middle to high school).

Writing for young readers is such like writing for appellate justices. (I know that sounds a joke). Justices are smart lawyers but . . .

. . . I'll correct myself. Justices are lawyers. Some are smart :)
But they don't know the law I'm presenting. So I have to break it down and make it digestible.

I won't carry the comparison too far: Ninth grades are usually more openminded than justices, and a lot more fun 😉

Adding a few more personal details. I decided to go to law school during Clinton's impeachment. I was fascinated by the process. Initially I wanted to be a legal journalist, but instead became an appellate lawyer.

My twitter career began as research for a book . . .

. . . the book was going to be called How Trump Happened.
I thought I'd tweet my research as I did it. As the Mueller investigation unfolded, I kept all the information in a data base.

I lost interest in writing the book, and decided to keep doing Twitter threads . . .

. . . because I feel that I'm making a contribution right here on Twitter.

The highlight of my Twitter career so far: When George Papadopolous called me deluded. I added that to my Twitter bio.

End of short biography. 🤟

Ah one more.

When I decided not to write the book, I made all of my research public, here:
 https://russia-investigation-summary.com 
and the blog with my Twitter threads.

I was 38 when I took the LSAT.

I had a master's in fiction writing, and I'd been publishing fiction and teaching English at the college level.

My entrance essay: Why a fiction writer belonged in law school. NO not because both are liars . . .

. . .both are about narrative, viewpoint, and human nature.
Literature is competing versions of the same story. The law is about motive. Cases are about character in conflict.

I thought it was obvious that more trained fiction writers should go to law school 😉

Doxie, you're very sweet.

I'm actually tired of writing books. I've written more than I can count.

I plan to do voter protection work for the next 15 months.
And Twitter threads.

Hi, @The_Jett_Cam

Yes. 39 is such a nice age, I decided to stay 39 for a few decades.

(Joke from The Important of Being Earnest: Lady Bracknell says that 35 is the best age for a woman. Her proof: So many women choose to stay 35 for years.)

This conversation inspired me to update my bio page⤵️ to make it more personal (instead of what my publishers put on my jacket flaps). Thanks everyone.

But I think it reads better as a twitter thread 😃

https://terikanefield-blog.com/about-teri/ 

You can follow @Teri_Kanefield.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.