Tren Griffin @trengriffin I work for Microsoft. Previously I was a partner at Eagle River, a private equity firm established by Craig McCaw. I am on the board of directors of Kymeta. Aug. 05, 2019 1 min read

Simba: "What do you do when Wildebeasts are stampeding taking the market down?"

Mufasa's Ghost in the Sky: "You have forgotten you calibrated risk by holding a big slug of cash and cash equivalents. Look for bargains based on intrinsic value. Hamburgers are being put on sale."

Simba: "When do I buy?"

Mufasa: "You've forgotten about discounting cash flow. Don't join a stampede of wildebeests who have reached the third degree where they devote their time to anticipating what average opinion expects the average opinion to be."

Simba: "Beauty contest?"

Mufasa: "An investor’s time is better spent trying to gain a knowledge advantage regarding ‘the knowable’: industries, companies and securities. The more micro your focus, the greater the likelihood you can learn things others don’t.”

Simba:"Mr Market is bipolar. ⭕️ of life!"

Scar: "Sell-side analysts said today that they have sympathy with some of the tactical market concerns."

Mufasa: "What does that even mean? It's like raising a Beyond Meat target by 40% with a neutral rating issued today. Where's the beef? Investors buy a share of a business."

You can follow @trengriffin.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.