The lamentable fate of Mike Stuchbery 🎃🍷 @MikeStuchbery_ (Freelance) Journalist, Historian, Teacher & Tour Guide ★ 🇦🇺 in 🇩🇪 ★ Contributing Editor at @BylineTimes ★ History at @TheLocalEurope ★ Resolutely ↙️↙️↙️ Aug. 06, 2019 1 min read

While I'm on the @Playmobil tip, here's top five historical figurines I *wish* someone would make... /1

HILDEGARD VON BINGEN (1098 - 1179)

Who: 12th century abbess, seer, saint, musician, doctor of the church, pioneering herbalist.

Accessories: 'Scivias', her book of visions and a herb basket.

Maybe the city of Bingen could commission a figure?

SHAMAN OF BAD DÜRRENBERG (?? - ??)

Who: 8,500 year old shaman priestess uncovered during excavations in Germany.

Accessories: Awesome headdress, shaman's staff ).

Maybe @MuseumHalle could commission?

JOHANNES KEPLER (1571 - 1630)

Who: Astronomer, scientist, came up with the laws of planetary motion.

Accessories: Telescope, manuscript of 'Harmonica Mundi'.

Maybe @NASA or @ESA could commission a figurine?

ARTEMISIA GENTILESCHI (1593 - 1656)

Who: Artist who triumphed against adversity to become one of the most renowned painters of her age.

Accessories: Paintbrush, self-portrait.

Maybe @NationalGallery could make this happen.

BERTHA BENZ (1849 - 1944)

Who: Carl Benz's wife and business partner, who took his new invention, the Motorwagen, on the world's first road trip in 1888, inventing several car parts on the way.

Accessories: A motorwagen!

I think @MercedesBenz should make this happen!

That's it for me, add some you want! /FIN

You can follow @MikeStuchbery_.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.